Where do kids play? Out in the real world.
Where do kids learn? Out in the real world.
Where do kids have fun? Out in the real world.
[At least they used to.]
Something happens along the way…
Where do adults play? In the lab.
Where do adults learn? In the lab.
Where do adults have fun? They don’t. They make themselves hurt & call it fun.
Ask a kid what is possible, and they [should] tell you anything.
Ask an adult what is possible, and they will likely tell you, it depends [on the lab results].
Along the way…
We stopped listening to ourselves, we stopped listening to our instincts, our gut.
We stopped playing, experimenting, learning for ourselves what works, what doesn’t work.
We started taking carte blanche what “experts” in a field say, holding what they say as an undeniable ‘truth’, ‘truth’ that applies wholly and directly to ourselves, without even a single question asked.
We left the real world believing its time to grow up and get indoors, to get into the lab. Yet in the lab, we have become jailed by academic theory, by experts in white lab coats, by self proclaimed experts, and experts who became experts only because it pays to be an expert.
We are convinced that we are not smart enough, not experienced enough, that we are simply not able to make decisions for ourselves to the point that we live blindly following what we are told to do by experts… eat this, drink this much, wear this, take this pill, this supplement, exercise this way, believe this, live this way.
There was a time experts and lab results were integral, then experts realized that their words have power, have control, so they sold themselves to the highest bidder. In exchange for their integrity, their credibility, their professionalism, experts sold their position of respect, of insight to say whatever the highest bidder wanted them to say. If fat had to be demonized so that low fat food products could be sold, then an expert was found to perform the “research” to bring to reality this and every other boardroom developed corporate growth strategy. If high protein, low carb, supplement guzzling smoothie diets need to be sold to boost revenues, then an expert can be found to preach to the people to change their ways. Is it actually good for you? Is it healthy? Doesn’t matter. As long as corporate revenue and profit increase, the how is irrelevant: if lies need to be told, if research needs to be fabricated…so be it, our stock price went up, hurray!
Approximately 3,000 people died on 9-11. Do you know that 16,000 people die annually in the US from opioid overdose. Where is their moment of silence? Where are their monuments? People who in pain searched for help, for relief, trusted their health professional, only to end up dead. When the FDA sought to delist opioids, a deluge of lobbying from big pharma ‘changed’ their minds. So lets get this straight…
- if Americans are killed on US soil by foreigners its deemed terrorism, but…
- if Americans are killed on US soil by Americans, its deemed good business, because corporate revenues rose, because corporate profits grew?
Is that how it works? This is what we have become? This is advanced Western society?
And we wonder why we are the sickest society ever to exist.
Its time to stop listening to experts. Its time to leave the lab. Its time to get outside. Its time to get back out into the real world and find out for yourself what works and what doesn’t… for you, for your family, for you to achieve your life goals, to live the life you dreamed as a kid.
Articles on the Opioid Crisis in the US and in Canada:
- Wikipedia: Opioid
- Medical experts urge Canada to declare public emergency over opioid crisis
- CAMH: Do you know… prescription opioids
- US Department of Health & Human Services – Epidemic webpage
- WSJ: The Children of the Opioid Crisis
- Role of Pharma in the Opioid Epidemic
- CNBC: The pain killer – A drug company putting profits above patients
- How the Opiate Epidemic Was Started by One Pharma Company
- Google Scholar: articles for search term “opioid crisis”
- 9 of 10 patients still get opioid prescriptions after overdose
- Centers For Disease Control and Prevention
- The Painkiller: A Drug Company Putting Profits Above Patients
- Painkiller abuse crisis hits millions of Americans
- America’s painkiller epidemic grips the workplace
- Your beliefs have psychopharmacological effects
- Study finds most opioids prescribed by GPs
- A novel lawsuit takes on workplace-addiction epidemic
- How to Kill 300,000 Americans with Opioids
- America Uses 30x More Opioids Than Medically Necessary
- The Poison We Pick